Experience 5 Years
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within BES Utilities for an experienced Head of SMART Metering to join our dynamic team based in Fleetwood.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental to developing the business’ interests over the longer term. This role will drive the management of the Metering Industry Data Operations Team to ensure the business is delivering an enhanced customer experience to its customers, and that necessary changes, performance management and compliance are embedded for an efficient operations.
Working collaboratively with all the individual departments within BES utilities. The post-holder will coordinate the Metering Team through any system and technology releases, ensuring that our people are ready and equipped to adopt new working practices.
Effectively manage Team Leaders, covering all performance management, Human Resource matters including recruitment, induction, training, appraisals, sickness monitoring, timekeeping, disciplinary issues and performance issues.
The role holder will have implicit accountability for work undertaken by the Agent regarding SMART, NHH, AMR, HH, Mop DC/DA and Gas MAM, MAP services. This will require the role holder to liaise with other managers within the Department or wider BES group and meet with the agent as necessary to set out and manage SLAs/KPIs/investigations.
- Support the Group Commercial Director, acting as an ambassador for the Department and BES Utilities and by representing BES Utilities in meetings with external providers and internal departments of BES Utilities seeking to understand their performance and gain agreement to implement initiatives that would lead to performance improvements and to identify system non-compliances.
- Continued management of the Junifer system changes and upgrades.
- Development of understanding of our suppliers’ responsibilities in relation to the MRA and BSC regulation / guidelines.
- Full ownership of all internal business processes.
- Alignment of growth strategy and various Metering forecasting obligations including RFI requests, submitting the appropriate forecasts in line with the obligations.
- Ensure 3rd parties solution providers are aligned (MOP/MAM/MAP).
- Continued management of 3rd Party contracts ensuring that commercial and operational SLAs and KPI’s are met and invoicing is line with the agreed commercial schedules.
- The role holder is required to have knowledge of the Junifer system to ensure the data is compliant and consistent within Junifer and also industry timescales.
- Assist the Group Commercial Director, to generate operational budget and forecasted plans supported by the budgetary requirements and be fully responsible to manage within.
Technical and Commercial Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Substantial Industry/Data Management knowledge coupled with past experience of managing first line managers.
- Graduate or equivalent business career with strong business and industry acumen with recognition as subject matter expert in Electricity and Gas data-flows (Gas MAM, NHH, DCDA, HH, AMR and SMART)
- Ability to take BAU world into the SMART world with a seamless transition
- AMR, HH, NHH, Gas, SMETS1 and SMART2 Metering knowledge
- Experience of introducing new working practices.
- Experience of change management.
- Consistently achieves successful delivery against stretching personal and team targets.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present complex ideas and concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Attention to detail including planning and organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and prioritisation skills and professionalism.
- Experience of using Junifer, CRM, ECOES, Xoserve and Microsoft Office to Intermediate standard.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Please note if successful you will be required to attend an interview with the hiring manager within 1 week of the closing date.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.